HC quashes petition challenging tender for heli services to Kedarnath, Badrinath and Hemkund sahib
In a significant judgement, the Uttarakhand High Court ( HC) has quashed a petition seeking ban on releasing tenders for helicopter services for Char Dham yatris. After the court order the Uttarakhand Civil Aviation Development Authority (UCADA) has decided to open the technical bid for the Badrinath, Kedarnath and Hemkund sahib helicopter services on Thursday.
In the hearing which was held in HC on the day, the counsels of state government, UCADA and helicopter companies said that the petitioner ( R D group) has no right to file the petition as he had not participated in the tender process. They argued that the permission for four new helipads apart from existing 14 was given due to the construction of all weather road as road construction work could have affected the Helicopter services. The state government had recently invited bids from non scheduled operators for providing Heli services to these shrines. The Dehradun based R D Company had challenged the tender process. On Wednesday the HC removed the ban imposed on the tender process of Heli services after quashing the petition challenging it.
Thursday, 09 May 2019 | PNS | Nainital
You might also like
- Rashami Desai sizzles in hot pink bikini photoshoot November 30, 2020
- We were completely outplayed: Kohli November 30, 2020
- Don’t be swayed by rumours as farm laws pro-farmers: Modi November 30, 2020
- Farmers reject Shah offer, set talk terms November 30, 2020
- State Govt issues fresh guidelines to contain Covid-19 November 30, 2020