Monday, 03 May 2021 | Dr. Blossom Kochhar
Dr. Blossom Kochhar details 10 haircare and styling tips for the summer season
- In summers we tend to wash our hair often, so it is recommended to dilute your shampoo every time with water. Those who have dry hair you can wash your hair with a conditioner also, that will not only nourish your hair but make it dirt free also.
- In summers it is better that you avoid heavy oils for oiling, rather use a hair toner. Massage your hair with it for about five-10 minutes and wash it off. This will close the pores and tame the dandruff.
- Like our skin, our hair also requires exfoliation. A good & natural way to exfoliate your hair is take our shampoo, add aloe vera gel and about half teaspoon of sugar to it. Massage it thoroughly into your hair, like you do your regular shampoo and rinse it off. The aloe vera will nourish the hair and sugar will remove all the dead skin.
- It is better to avoid hair packs at this time and go for rinses. Use a vinegar rinse where you can add a regular or apple cider vinegar to your last mug of water and just pour it on your hair. If you do this two-three times a week you will see how beautifully your hair will shine. In case you feel you are having hair fall because of vinegar rinse, reduce the quantity of vinegar that you put in your mug. Another rinse that you can try is, tea water rinse. This will give body to your hair. Another option that you can try is take equal amounts of soda and water and add few ice cubes to it. A last rinse with this will make your hair look fresh and frizz free.
- If you want your hair to shine and smell wonderful, take a few drops of either lavender, lemon or ylang ylang essential oil on your palm and just rub your hands over the entire length of your hair.
- Summer styling always involves high ponytails, but it is very important to remember to not use rubber bands, they make your hair tight which leads to hair fall. Rather pull a few strands from below the ponytail and tie it around the ponytail. This will look stylish and will also protect your hair from breakage.
- Since, we can’t do much makeup nowadays considering that half of it is covered with a mask, but that doesn’t mean that you can’t deck up your hair. Try to accessorise your hair, use organza scrunchies, ultra- wide headbands or hats to pep up your look.
- Curtain bangs are very big this year. We all have wanted bangs at some stage of our lives, and this will be the perfect time to don them since you don’t have to cut them really short, rather have them long, covering your forehead and side face giving your face a slimmer demure.
- Natal wavy hair is super popular these days. Open your Instagram and every celebrity or influencer that you follow will be donning long beachy waves. Remember we are not talking about tight waves, done with ironing rods and loads of spray. These are more in layers and give your hair bounce and give it such a fresh look.
- So there are two ways about this trend, either you go for pop colours or you have just learned to live with your natural hair colour. There is nothing in between. We have seen people going all out and trying purple, wine, red colours and then there are others who just want to keep their colour as natural as possible.