The theme for this year is ‘Global Solidarity, shared responsibility’
Many programmes and activities would be organised in Uttarakhand and provisional state capital Dehradun on the occasion of World AIDS Day on December 1. The theme of this year’s event is ‘Global Solidarity, shared responsibility’.
The Uttarakhand State AIDS Control Society (USACS) would organize a state level Cycle rally on the day to spread awareness about the disease. The rally would start at 9 am from Gandhi Park and end at police lines. The students of different educational institutes would participate in the rally. An online quiz competition would also be organised on AIDS on the day by the USACS and National Service Scheme (NSS) on the day.
The additional project director of USACS, Dr Saroj Naithani said that many blood donation camps both by government and non government organizations would be organised on December 1. She added that short film competition on HIV/ AIDS, voluntary blood donation and other subjects would be organised in all the government and private colleges of Garhwal and Kumaon divisions with the help of NSS.
Sunday, 22 November 2020 | PNS | Dehradun
You might also like
- Vaccination to start by year end or early Jan December 4, 2020
- Marathon talks fail as farmers stick to their guns December 4, 2020
- BJP national president to begin his nation-wide tour from Uttarakhand December 4, 2020
- Three day assembly session from Dec 21 December 4, 2020
- Harassment of party workers not to be tolerated: PCC chief December 4, 2020