More than 1.45 lakh pilgrims visited the shrine this year.
The portals of Badrinath shrine were ceremoniously closed for winters amid at 3.35 pm on Thursday. With it all the shrines located in high Himalayas have been closed for winters. On the last day more than eight thousand pilgrims offered prayers at the temple located at an altitude of 10276 feet above the mean sea level (MSL). To make the occasion of portal closure memorable, the temple was decorated tastefully with the flowers. The priests offered ceremonial bhog to the statue of Lord Badrinath at 4.30 am and at 12.30 pm Arti and Laxmi puja was held. The head priest of Badrinath, Rawal Ishwari Prasad Namboodari started the process of temple closure for winters. The statue was covered by blankets immersed in Ghee by the unmarried girls of Mana village. At 3.35 pm the portals of the temple were closed for winters.
The Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Devsthanam board , Ravinath Raman informed that more than 1.45 lakh pilgrims visited Badrinath this year.
The portal closing ceremony was witnessed by the ACEO, B D Singh, Dharmadhikari Bhuwan Chandra Uniyal and other priests.
Friday, 20 November 2020 | PNS | Dehradun
You might also like
- Rashami Desai sizzles in hot pink bikini photoshoot November 30, 2020
- We were completely outplayed: Kohli November 30, 2020
- Don’t be swayed by rumours as farm laws pro-farmers: Modi November 30, 2020
- Farmers reject Shah offer, set talk terms November 30, 2020
- State Govt issues fresh guidelines to contain Covid-19 November 30, 2020