The Mayor of Roorkee municipal corporation Gaurav Goyal has said that for beautification and cleanliness of the city, public participation is of utmost importance. He was addressing a programme organised to confer the title of ‘Swachchhta Prahri’ to the employees of the corporation and councillors here on Thursday. He said that efforts would be made to bring Roorkee at the first position among the cities of Uttarakhand in the Swachchh Bharat Abhiyan of Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
The municipal commissioner Nupur Verma said that the Roorkee municipal corporation has held the first position in the Swachchhta Survekshan on many occasions in the past and every effort would be made to ensure that in the year 2021 Roorkee gets the honour again. She said that sanitation works are going on in all the 40 wards of the city. The officers and employees of the corporation and many councillors attended the programme.
Friday, 20 November 2020 | PNS | Roorkee
You might also like
- Rashami Desai sizzles in hot pink bikini photoshoot November 30, 2020
- We were completely outplayed: Kohli November 30, 2020
- Don’t be swayed by rumours as farm laws pro-farmers: Modi November 30, 2020
- Farmers reject Shah offer, set talk terms November 30, 2020
- State Govt issues fresh guidelines to contain Covid-19 November 30, 2020