Coronavirus continues to hit the BJP in Bihar, the latest being the party’s election campaign incharge and former Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis.
Making it public, Fadnavis tweeted on Saturday, “I have been working every single day since the lockdown but now it seems that God wants me to stop for a while and take a break! I have tested #COVID19 positive and in isolation. Taking all medication & treatment as per the advice of the doctors.”
“Those who have come in contact with me are advised to get Covid-19 tests done.
Take care, everyone!” another tweet read.
Fadnavis, who is also the leader of Opposition in the Maharashtra Assembly, was appointed as the BJP incharge for Bihar elections last month. Prime Minister Narendra Modi had on Friday during his rallies in the State termed it as the first major election in the world amid the corona pandemic”.
Before Fadnavis, Bihar’s Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar Modi and former Union Minister and star campaigner Shahnawaz Hussain had on Thursday announced about having tested positive.
The instances of BJP leaders testing positive coincidentally continue to come when their party in its poll manifesto has promised to provide free vaccination to the State’s residents triggering a major row.
Sunday, 25 October 2020 | PNS | New Delhi
You might also like
- Vaccination to start by year end or early Jan December 4, 2020
- Marathon talks fail as farmers stick to their guns December 4, 2020
- BJP national president to begin his nation-wide tour from Uttarakhand December 4, 2020
- Three day assembly session from Dec 21 December 4, 2020
- Harassment of party workers not to be tolerated: PCC chief December 4, 2020