I-T returns filing deadline extended till December 31
Aiming to provide relief to taxpayers facing constraints due to Covid-19, the Income Tax Department on Saturday yet again extended the deadline for individual taxpayers for filing their returns for Financial Year 2019-20 (assessment year 2020-21) by a month till December 31.
For those taxpayers whose accounts need to be audited, the Income-Tax Return filing deadline has been extended by two months till January 31, 2021.
The Government had in May extended the date for filing ITR for FY2019-20 from July 31 to November 30, to give compliance relief to taxpayers.
In a statement, the Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) said, “The due date for furnishing of Income Tax Returns for the taxpayers [for whom the due date (i.e. before the extension by the said notification) as per the Act was July 31, 2020] has been extended to December 31, 2020.”
The due date for furnishing of ITR for the taxpayers, who are required to get their accounts audited (for whom the due date as per the I-T Act is October 31, 2020), has been extended to January 31, 2021, it added.
The CBDT said the deadlines have been extended in order to “provide more time to taxpayers for furnishing of Income Tax Returns”.
Sunday, 25 October 2020 | PNS | New Delhi
You might also like
- Vaccination to start by year end or early Jan December 4, 2020
- Marathon talks fail as farmers stick to their guns December 4, 2020
- BJP national president to begin his nation-wide tour from Uttarakhand December 4, 2020
- Three day assembly session from Dec 21 December 4, 2020
- Harassment of party workers not to be tolerated: PCC chief December 4, 2020