Thursday, 15 October 2020 | PNS | New Tehri
A team of authorised shooters killed a leopard believed to have been responsible for killing at least two children in villages of Narendranagar block in Tehri district within a week. On Tuesday evening, the leopard had picked up seven year old Raunak Ramola from Kasmoli village from his home’s courtyard. About three hours after the incident, when the leopard returned to the village at about 8:30 PM one of the authorised shooters killed the big cat.
The forest range officer Vivek Joshi informed that the body of the leopard had been recovered and sent for post mortem. It will be recalled that earlier on October 11, seven year old Smriti Rawat had been killed by the leopard in Palsari village of Narendranagar block after which the big cat had been declared a man-eater.
You might also like
- Tejashwi says Nitish is tired, JD(U)-BJP hit back October 26, 2020
- India’s Covid recovery rate 90% October 26, 2020
- ‘Role in Saand Ki Aankh was tough’: Bhumi Pednekar October 26, 2020
- India wants peace, won’t surrender an inch: Rajnath October 26, 2020
- Onion wars, again October 26, 2020