Wednesday, 07 April 2021 | PNS | Dehradun
No compromise on safety of children: Arvind Pandey
The surge in the number of cases of Covid-19 in Uttarakhand has put the education department of the state on an alert mode. It is learnt that the state government could take a decision to close the school again for some time to prevent the students from falling victim to the contagion of the Covid-19.
The demand for closing the school has started growing louder from the parents and civil society. It is worth mentioning here that the schools in Uttarakhand were closed in the last week of March 2020 when the pandemic of Covid-19 started in the state. The president of the National Association for Parents and Students Rights (NAPSR) Arif Khan said that the state government should immediately order closure of schools. He said that the guidelines of the Covid-19 prevention are not being followed in the schools and the students are under threat in the schools.
The education department opened the schools for students of class X and XII were opened in the month of November last year while the students of classes VI, VII, VII, IX and XI were opened on February 8 this year.
When contacted the education minister Arvind Pandey told The Pioneer that the decision on the schools would be taken after reviewing the situation with the officials in Dehradun on Wednesday. He however added that no compromise would be made on the safety of the students.