Crime

Three more held in Selaqui under Operation Prahar, 16 arrested so far

PIONEER EDGE NEWS SERVICE /Dehradun

Under Operation Prahar, three more persons were arrested on Tuesday for allegedly trying to disturb law and order during a recent protest by factory workers in the Selaqui area, police said. With these arrests, the total number of accused arrested in connection with the case has reached 16.

The accused have been identified as Mohammad Farman, Rohit and Manoj Yadav, all currently living in the Selaqui area.

According to the police, workers of Dixon factory in Selaqui have been protesting over their demands for the past few days. During the protest, some anti-social elements allegedly mixed with the workers and carried out stone pelting at the factory premises and police personnel. Following the incident, a case was registered at Selaqui police station under relevant sections.

Police said that on May 19 they received information that some people were moving in groups in company areas and nearby localities. They were allegedly provoking workers and stopping employees from going to factories for work. The police also claimed that the accused were threatening and assaulting people and some of them had earlier been involved in the stone pelting incident. Further action is being taken in the matter, according to officials.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button